Vedas and Vedanta-Mandukya Upanishad Retreat-Dream Yoga
From the distilled essence of the Vedas, the world’s oldest recorded spiritual work, comes the Vedanta or the End of Knowledge. Within the works of the Vedanta , the crowning glory of all the Vedas and the Vedanta itself is thought to be contained in one work, called the Mandukya/ Frog Upanishad.
Dealing with the essence of the experience of be-ing and non-being, the Mandukya Upanishad dwelves deep into the experience of dream, sleep and waking, and how to transform these states into the all encompassing state of crystal-clear awareness called Turiya, the non-existent Fourth State.
From the achievement of this Fourth state, even for a moment, all questions start being answered from within. We will explore for the duration of the retreat, the experiential techniques from the Tantras that deal directly with the states and paths mentioned in the Mandukya Upanishad.
We will thus combine the theory and view from the Upanishads with their corresponding techniques from the Tantras to have an experience based understanding, a taste, if fleeting, of immortal truth.
1) Asana 5 Elements : 7:30 – 8:45am
2) Yoga Theory : 10:30 – 11:30am
3) Pranayama & Meditation : 12:00 – 1:00pm
4) Yoga Theory : 3:30 – 4:45pm
5) Meditation Techniques: 5:00 – 6:15pm
After attending the course, students will be able to:
- Gain a deeper understanding of the three states of consciousness and ways to transform them
- Appreciate the differences and similarities between the Advaita and Tantra
- Understand and redesign their own personalities using visualization techniques
- Increase creativity and attention span
Students who’ve undergone a 200hr/500hr training will be preferred as the teachings of this course are intensive and prior foundational practice of Yoga is required to fully integrate such teachings.
Dates : 13th – 14th October 2017, 20th – 21st October 2017, 3rd – 4th November 2017
Tuition Fees : Rs3000 (Indians Nationals) $150 (Foriegn Nationals)
Venue : Bir, Himachal Pradesh
Registration – email@example.com