The World of Yoga-Raja Yoga-No Mind Yoga
Sage Patanjali, one of the greatest masters of ancient Indian medicine, yoga, dance and languages, was no longer human when he transmitted the aphorisms that came later to be recorded and popularised as Raja Yoga, or Royal Yoga. The zenith of Yogic philosophy and the foundation of Yogic psychology, Raja Yoga is a grand Yogic treatise of the mind and techniques to achieve higher consciousness states.
Patanjali was communicating from a non-human language, through ‘telepathy’ as per the ancient record, with the students he had chosen as recipients for the Raja Yoga Sutras, the aphorisms of Yoga. Raja Yoga is also called Ashtanga Yoga, which translates as 8 Limbs Yoga. This ancient Raja-Asthanga Yoga must not be confused with the popular and modern Mysore Ashtanga system of asanas.
The very essence of Raja Yoga lies in the understanding of what it means to be human and how, given that understanding, one can willfully transcend unto higher states.
This 5 day intensive course, will train participants in the No-Mind meditation techniques of the Raja Yoga Sutras along with the theory behind the sutras, combined with the cleansing and life-force amplification practices of pranayama.
This course is open for all Yoga Enthusiasts but might be better suited for meditators, students familiar with pranayama, and students interested in the higher levels of Yoga philosophy.
1) Asana 5 Elements : 7:30 – 8:45am
2) Yoga Theory : 10:30 – 11:30am
3) Pranayama & Meditation : 12:00 – 1:00pm
4) Yoga Theory : 3:30 – 4:45pm
5) Meditation Techniques: 5:00 – 6:15pm
After attending the course, students will be able to:
- Gain a deeper understanding of the transformative practice of 8 limbs of yoga
- Learn the methods of mental development by cultivating attention and perception
- Gain an authentic understanding of the risky practice of Pranayama or Life-force control
- Develop higher levels of consciousness through no-mind meditation techniques
Students who’ve undergone a 200hr/500hr training will be preferred as the teachings of this course are intensive and prior foundational practice of Yoga is required to fully integrate such teachings.
Dates : 20th – 24th November 2017, 6th– 10th November 2017
Tuition Fees : Rs6000 (Indians Nationals) $300 (Foreign Nationals)
Venue : Bir, Himachal Pradesh
Registration – email@example.com